Friday, July 6, 2012

Product Review: Dye Brick www.dyebrick.com





In our old house we came to the point where we needed a new roof and new t-1-11 or siding.  We really hated our brick color though and didn't want to try to match up siding and roof colors to the hideous brick.  There aren't a lot of cheap options though: rebrick (not in our budget), paint it (in our budget but I think it doesn't look good and that is just my personal humble opinion) So I started doing some research online when I ran across this product called dyebrick.  Sounds like a daunting project to hand stain each brick by hand? Sure does!! I also had a 5 month old and 4 year old at the time too!  So during naps I would grab the monitor and sneak outside with my 4 year old while she played next to me and it took me all summer.  The results were amazing though and we LOVED it! In fact it didn't even look like the same house.  See for yourself below.

BEFORE Dyebrick:

Saying goodbye to the 1970's

After Dye Brick (note we also did new siding and a new roof which we had planned to do anyway as the house was that age)


Front view of hosue, we decided to go with a more timeless and classic color scheme (red and white with black accents)

Side view of house

10 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm thinking about using Dyebrick for my house as well - how did it last over the winter? Also, did you use the classic brick red color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry I just saw this!! We used classic red as is per directions. The project is about 5 years old now and still looks great! Very happy with product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more! Quartz Countertops Kansas City

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. CutTheWood.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. best blade for vinyl flooring

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. chest of drawers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking. Kanada viisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it. Kanada viisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. cerere de viză India

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great content material and great layout. Your website deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. cbd tincture boxes

    ReplyDelete